Assisting families since 1875, Barlow Bonsall has become a premier provider of quality funeral services trusted by customers nationwide. We offer both immediate assistance and pre-planning support, cater to all faiths, and call on our proven partner network to provide complete national and international coverage. We also have the largest selection rooms for caskets and urns in West Virginia. It is our our mission to alleviate the bureaucratic stress that has traditionally permeated funeral arrangements acting as a trusted, effective partner to the bereaved. A leading funeral service provider, Barlow Bonsall is here to support you with competence, care and a great deal of compassion. Call us TODAY at (304) 342-8135 or reach us through our contact form here.
Are you trying to decide between traditional funeral services and cremations in Dunbar, WV? There are several funeral homes in the area, but they don’t all offer the full range of services that you need. If you are comparing these two options, then it is important that you talk to our team here at Barlow Bonsall Funeral Home & Crematorium.
In fact, Barlow Bonsall Funeral Home & Crematorium is the only place where cremations are offered in Dunbar and the surrounding areas. We are the experts in the industry, providing the respectful, peaceful services that your family desires.
If you are trying to decide whether a traditional funeral or cremation is the best choice, then there are probably several questions that need to be answered before you make your decision.
Cremation and Funeral Home FAQs
These are some of the most common questions that we hear from our customers, along with the answers to help you make a decision:
- When should I plan the funeral? The timing for the funeral or cremation will depend on the services that you would like to hold with family and friends. If the body will be embalmed, then there is a window of time when the funeral can be held, to ensure that everyone can come into town to attend the services. For cremation, it is necessary to wait for several days to ensure that permission is authorized from the next-of-kin.
- How much will it cost? Families are often concerned about the money that will be spent for the funeral or cremation services. The great thing about working with Barlow Bonsall Funeral Home & Crematorium is that we offer a variety of services that can be catered to your budget. These prices vary depending on whether you want a full funeral or you are just planning a simple cremation without a memorial service. The best thing that you can do is schedule a consultation with our team to learn more about the prices.
- Where can I purchase a casket or urn? We have a variety of caskets or urns that are available if you would like to purchase them. Or, some families prefer to bring their urn to be used as the final resting place of their family member. We will gladly help you choose the right products to meet the needs of your family.
- How should we choose a final resting place? Whether you are having a traditional funeral or you would like to have a cremation, you will need to choose a final resting place for the remains. With a traditional funeral, the resting place will be in the cemetery of your choice. You will need to pay for a burial plot, and we can provide recommendations if needed. For a cremation, the ashes can be stored in an urn and taken home. Or, you might choose to scatter the ashes in a location that was special to the deceased.
- Is it necessary to pay for embalmment before a cremation? If you decide that cremation is the right choice, then you don’t need to worry about paying for an embalmment. Some families choose embalmment so that they can have a viewing before the cremation. This decision can be determined to match the needs of your family.
- Can I plan my funeral in advance? At Barlow Bonsall Funeral Home & Crematorium, we offer pre-planning services at any time. Some people like to plan their funeral or cremation in advance to relieve the burden on the family after they pass away. By planning ahead, you can specify your preferences for the services and pay for everything in ahead of time.
- Why cremation instead of a traditional funeral? There are many reasons why people choose cremation over a traditional burial. Cremation is a cost-effective solution that protects the environment because it doesn’t require the burial of a large casket.
If you have any other questions about funeral home services or cremations, then right now is a great time to call our team at Barlow Bonsall Funeral Home & Crematorium. We will gladly answer your questions over the phone or schedule a time to meet to discuss your needs.
Tips for Choosing a Funeral Home
Before you choose a funeral home, it is important that you compare your options to find the company that will best meet your needs. You will see that there are several options in the Dunbar, WV area, but not all of these funeral homes offer the wide range of services that are available at Barlow Bonsall Funeral Home & Crematorium. We are the only funeral home that offers cremation in the area, giving you the opportunity to make the decision that will be best for your family.
Look online to find information about your options, and you will see that Barlow Bonsall Funeral Home & Crematorium leads the industry. Visit us at 1118 Virginia St E Charleston, WV 25301. Or call to schedule an appointment: (304) 342-8135
Funeral and Cremation FAQs
Why choose cremation?
It is less expensive than traditional funerals, helps conserve the environment, and offers multiple choices for a final goodbye. Learn more about cremation here.
Can I save money by pre-planning?
Funeral expenses vary greatly depending on specific service options. By researching the various possibilities and making your choices calmly in advance, you will avoid unnecessary expenses. At Barlow Bonsall, we offer transparent pricing helping you put together the budget that is right for you. Learn more about pre-planning here.
Who can I trust to assist me for funeral decisions?
Our experienced funeral directors are on hand to help you select the funeral package that best fits your needs. You can then decide whether to pay the price in full today, or opt for a flexible payment plan with no interest for up to four years. Get to know our team here.